Good Morning! A bit of time has passed since I last posted, but I’ve been keeping myself busy, trying my best to soak up the early days of summer and heal myself from the brief cold I acquired. Given the warmth and humidity lately, it’s been imperative for everyone to stay hydrated, not to mention, this time of year, I seem to crave a refreshing beverage! Thankfully, over the recent weeks, I became acquainted with a sparkling flavored water (plus other varieties!) that I absolutely love! Much to my delight, I was provided with the opportunity to sample four flavors (plus, I’ve purchased other varieties on my own!) and am here today to introduce you the beverage I’m referring to – SPARKLING ICE!
SPARKLING ICE Background Information: (via sparklingice.com)
- Sparkling Ice was created in the Pacific Northwest in the early 1990’s.
- The beverages of Sparkling Ice combine naturally sweetened flavored sparkling water, vitamins, antioxidants, and natural fruit juices (i.e. Vitamins D, B3, B6, B12, Biotin, B5 and Green Tea Extract)
- The sweetener utilized in Sparkling Ice beverages is sucralose (brand name: Splenda).
- The brand is regarded as the fastest-growing non-alcoholic beverage brand in the country!
- Beverages are offered in a slim, easy-to-carry 17fl oz bottle and are typically offered at around $1 or slightly above in numerous stores, nationwide.
- Zero Calories, Zero Carbs, Zero Sugar!
- Introduced their newest product line, Sparkling Iced Teas in 2015!
- Active Social Media Presence: Check out Sparkling Ice via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram!
SPARKLING ICE Product Lines: (i.e. Flavored Sparkling Waters – 11 flavors, Sparkling Lemonades – 6 flavors, Sparkling Iced Teas – 3 flavors)
- Flavored Sparkling Water Flavors: black raspberry, cherry limeade, strawberry-watermelon, peach-nectarine, orange-mango, coconut-pineapple, crisp apple, lemon-lime, kiwi-strawberry, pink grapefruit, pomegranate-blueberry.
- Sparkling Lemonades Flavors: strawberry lemonade, raspberry-lemonade, classic lemonade, peach lemonade, mango lemonade, lemonade tea.
- Sparkling Iced Teas Flavors: raspberry tea, lemon tea, peach tea (21 mg of caffeine per bottle)
As I mentioned, I was generously provided with 4 flavors of Sparkling Ice to sample and review! I was delighted when they arrived on my doorstep, given how refreshing I know them to be and eager to sample the flavors. First up on my sampling endeavor was…
- Strawberry Lemonade Sparkling Water:
My initial reaction to receiving and seeing this flavor was pure happiness and intrigue! For a number of years, I have been a dedicated fan of real strawberry lemonade, so I was overjoyed to see this flavor offered as a sparkling water, with absolutely no calories, PLUS, nourishing vitamins and sweet flavors! At first sip, I was greeted with a clean sweet flavor, lightly carbonated and bubbly, reminding me of the real strawberry lemonade with a less tart flavor. The familiar sweetness of the strawberry truly shined through and left me wanting more. I had to stop myself from enjoying the entire bottle in one sitting, wanting to savor every last bit! Definitely a winner, in my opinion!
- Black Raspberry Sparkling Water:
Let me preface my reaction to this flavor by saying, since childhood, I’ve been a huge fan of the chewy raspberry-flavored candy, Swedish Fish, so this flavor of Sparkling Ice was right up my alley! At first sip, I was greeted with a sweet, familiar-tasting raspberry flavor, leaving me feeling as though I was enjoying my favorite chewy candy! It was both sweet and refreshing, again with the light carbonation I often crave (I confess, I am a big fan of Diet Soda, so the carbonation in Sparkling Ice is VERY appealing to me!). I like that with these sparkling waters, I am getting both the sweetness and carbonation I know and love, but in a much healthier manner (given the vitamins instilled in the beverages and the fact that it is sugar, carb and calorie-free!). Needless to say, I will definitely be enjoying this particular flavor in the near future!
Generally, I am a big fan of lemonades, as I previously mentioned, so my expectations were high for this particular flavor and though it provided the sweetness and carbonation I like, it wasn’t my particular favorite. That said, it was still vastly palatable, but not a flavor I would first choose if given the option. Still, I was grateful for the opportunity to sample it. The peach flavor itself, though, tasted sweet and reminiscent of the actual fruit and was an ideal flavor for the summer, given it’s rampant appearance in stores and farmer’s markets throughout the country.
- Raspberry Iced Tea Sparkling Ice:
The last flavor I was provided with was from Sparkling Ice’s newest line for 2015, Raspberry Iced Tea! I was curious and intrigued about this flavor and about the product line in general. At first sip, the flavor was unique and reminiscent of actual iced tea, but with the carbonation and sweetness Sparkling Ice is traditionally noted for. It was a light raspberry flavor that was refreshing and easy to sip on. It was a unique and different change from the traditional iced teas I’m used to and one I could definitely stand to enjoy again soon!
SPARKLING ICE Contest:
- If you’re as into Sparkling Ice and contests as I am, then you’ll definitely want to enter the contest Sparkling Ice is currently running! Be sure to visit http://www.sparklingice.com/flavorfaceoff to register for your chance to be the face of your favorite flavor and get a year of Sparkling Ice FREE!
- FREE BOTTLE of SPARKLING ICE: Plus, just for entering, you’ll be emailed a coupon entitling you to a completely FREE bottle of Sparkling Ice (up to a $1.50 value!). Now that is definitely something sweet to sip on!
*Thanks so much to the team at Sparkling Ice for providing me with this exciting and generous opportunity to sample the flavors! It was very much appreciated and enjoyed!