Good morning, my friends! After taking several days away from the blog, I am proud to return. Sometimes it’s good to take some time away, regroup and return refreshed and eager to share my thoughts. Today, I decided to keep the post lighthearted and share with you some products I discovered over the weekend! I’m telling you, it is this time of year that happens to be one of my favorites, product-wise. It seems many of the larger companies opt to release their new products around this time, in honor of the return of school, the Fall months, etc. It’s a popular time time for shopping and by the looks of it based on this weekend, an ideal time to reveal new products! Some of my finds were so exciting, I just HAD to share them with you, today! Before we get to that, though, allow me to quickly brief you on this morning’s eats:
Breakfast (Monday, August 19, 2013):
1 container Aldi-brand Pineapple Upside Down Cake Light Yogurt: (Whew, was that a mouthful! This yogurt had a really pleasant flavor, the consistency was a little runny, but easily combined with cereal. I definitely would buy this variety again, plus the price is right – .39! In my opinion, you just cannot beat .39 per yogurt!)
1 cup Dora The Explorer cereal: (Okay, it might sound juvenile, but this cereal is so very tasty! I absolutely love the subtle cinnamon flavor it provides in the same of miniscule stars. It complements whatever else it might happen to be combined with, though it is good to eat on its own, as well. If you haven’t tried it yet, get out there and purchase a box! Plus, if you’re local, with a Shoprite grocery store nearby, this week a very LARGE box just so happens to be on sale for a whopping $1.97! A steal, in my opinion.)
1 cup Barbara’s Bakery Multigrain Puffins: (I know I said I wasn’t a big fan of these since it tastes slight reminiscent now to cardboard, but the crunchiness of it makes it more bearable and not half bad. After giving it another try today, I decided it’s not as bad as I originally stated. I figured it was worth another chance, so I’m glad I gave it another try.)
1 Banana: (Yummy! A super sweet, petite one for this morning; ideal in my opinion.)
NEW PRODUCTS SPOTTED: So before I share with you some of my new finds from over the weekend, I’ll let you know that some of them I spotted in store and others online (McCaffrey’s – a local, family-owned grocery store, Target, Yoplait.com, Shoprite, Produce Store – a local, family-owned one, & BananaRepublic.com.
- Cotton Candy Grapes: If you haven’t already heard of these uniquely-flavored fresh grapes, you may be thinking, cotton candy, what?! If you’re similar to me, then I must admit, this is exactly what I was thinking. I was skeptical upon hearing about it, yet curious and intrigued at the same time. I wasn’t expecting to spot these in-stores, let alone, a local, family owned grocery store, but spot it, I did! On Saturday, my mom and I ventured into McCaffrey’s a family-owned grocery store to purchase fresh raspberries, as the price was right, especially with a Driscoll’s coupon we came in hand with (FYI – if you haven’t already signed up for Driscolls Berries newsletter via Driscolls.com, please do, they will send you a .50 off ANY fresh berries coupon! Which, if your store doubles, can make for a VERY handsome deal!). Anyhow, as we made our way to the produce section, sitting right next to the berries was a bag of grapes – COTTON CANDY grapes, to be exact! Much to our luck, they were actually sampling them. Curious, my mom and I both tried them, and they were… different. I think I would try them again, as the flavor is so unique, unexpected and unfamiliar. They were definitely sweet and truly did taste reminiscent of cotton candy, only much healthier! If you haven’t already and if they are being sold near you, give them a try!
- Alpina Greek Yogurt: This weekend was the weekend of Shoprite! My mom and I ended up visiting on both Saturday and Sunday, to make the most of both weeks’ sale (the new sale starts on Sunday!) On Saturday, we made a quick pit stop in the yogurt section of the store, as I wanted to see if any newbies made the shelves. Sure enough, I spotted the brand new Alpina Greek Yogurt! In an attractive container, I noticed the available flavors: Black Cherry, Blueberry, Mango, Strawberry & Vanilla Bean. Though they all sounded pretty decent, I decided to purchase the Strawberry flavor. I’ll be sure to let you know how it is once I try it!
- Goldfish GRAHAMS French Toast Flavor: Though you might be familiar with Goldfish crackers, you may or may not know that several years ago, they introduced the Grahams variety, which are the small Goldfish shapes we know and love, only in a Grahams variety. They are now available in several flavors, but while at Shoprite, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a brand new flavor – FRENCH TOAST! Seriously, is there anything better?! In my opinion, anything that combines the flavor of maple, is ideal! Let me know if you try them, I’d love to hear your opinion/thoughts!
- Banana Republic ISSA London Collection Scarf: So, I’ll tell you, I’m big on entering contests/giveaways via Facebook. In fact, I’ve won several in the past, so it’s exciting to enter and see what the end result might be! As a result, lately, I’ve been entering Banana Republic’s Trip to London contest via Facebook, in honor of their new Issa London collection! Intrigued, I decided to check out their website (BananaRepublic.com) to see what this collection was all about and just so happened to spot a beautiful scarf, I absolutely love! Check out the collection and see what you think!
- Nabisco Gluten-Free Rice Thins Crackers: While perusing Target, these new crackers just so happened to pop out at me! They seem like a great idea and while I haven’t tried them yet, I know there are a lot of people out there who are gluten-free and always on the hunt for new, tasty products, so I figured I’d share this new find with you. They are available in the following flavors: Original, White Cheddar, Sea Salt & Pepper.
- Simply Balanced Line @ Target: Have you spotted this NEW, healthy, and reasonable light at Target?! I have. From the attractive packaging, right down to the unique and appealing products, this line is sure to do well in my opinion! Plus, check out Target.com/coupons, where you can print out several coupons for this new line. Some of their products include: cereal, granolas, fruit roll-ups, fruit snacks, crackers, chips, flavored waters and juices, etc.
- Chocolate Cherry Tomatoes: YES! You have that correct! There are in fact chocolate cherry tomatoes out there in the world, available at your purchasing convenience! I just so happened to spot them while shopping at my local produce store, this weekend. Apparently, unbeknownst to me, they are of the Heirloom tomato variety, which if you’re not familiar, is a unique variety of tomatoes, packed with flavor and a unique outward appearance. They can be on the costly side, so if you’re frugal like me, this might be an indulgent purchase!
- Yoplait Fruitful: Lately, I’ve become a big fan of Yoplait yogurts. From their 100-calorie Greek yogurts, to their light yogurts, they offer an abundance of flavors and textures. Though, I must admit, their new Yoplait Blended Greek yogurt line is not really my favorite, but I still haven’t tried the Pineapple and Vanilla flavors, so it could redeem itself, in the end. Anyhow, while perusing their website last night, I happened to stumble across their new “Fruitful” line. I have yet to see this variety in stores, but it sounds like it could be a good one! According to the packaging I noticed on their website, the container of yogurt is packed with 1/3 cup of REAL fruit! Pretty impressive in my opinion. This variety of yogurt will be available in the following flavors: Mango Pineapple, Strawberry, Blueberry, Cherries & Red Berries, and Peach. Sounds good to me!
- Dunkin Donuts “Flavored Donuts” Inspired Ground Coffee Line: Though I’m not 100% certain, I’m all but convinced this is a Target exclusive, having only been able to locate it in Target stores. I’m not even able to locate it on the internet! Therefore, the photo I’m presenting to you was captured by none other than my handy, dandy iPhone! The aisle was rather crowded at the time of the photo, so I had to snap it rather quickly and therefore was unable to capture the entire line of flavors: Caramel Coffee Cake, Blueberry Donut, Chocolate Glazed Donut, Original Old Fashioned Donut, and Jelly Donut! They all sound and smell pretty tasty to me! However, as you see in the photo, the cost in my opinion is a little high, but hopefully they’ll go on sale relatively soon!
QUESTION: What new products have you spotted recently? Of those I featured, which would you most like to try? Or, have you tried any of the new products I featured?
Have a pleasant Monday!