Good morning, my friends! It’s Wednesday, which means, it’s mid-week and in the world of Melissa’s Morning Musings, it also means, it is FINALLY time for my very first GIVEAWAY, courtesy of my friends over at a company I love – ZEVIA Soda! I recently had the opportunity to try a 6-pack of ZEVIA and absolutely loved the unique, satisfying and hydrating flavor! However, not to keep you in anticipation, but before I share with you the logistics of the giveaway and some knowledge about ZEVIA, let’s catch up a bit. I hope the rest of your Monday and all of Tuesday went well! Last night was a fun one, filled with an impromptu baking session with my sister, Hope! In our baking adventure, we crafted Cinnamon Toast Crunch muffins, as well as Blueberry Muffins! Our creations turned out as we hoped and we also had the chance to catch up, relax and watch two of our favorite shows – “The Chew,” and “Full House.” Also, I had the opportunity to watch and learn about the show, “Cake Boss.” Now, before I hold you in suspense any longer, let’s quickly recap my morning eats:
Breakfast (Wednesday, July 31, 2013):
1 container Aldi-brand Apple Turnover Yogurt: (Are you familiar with the grocery store Aldi? If you’re not, it is a much smaller scaled store – think the size of Trader Joe’s or even slightly smaller, with some name brands, but mainly store brand, or smaller-sized companies. In my opinion, their products are high quality and of optimal taste. They have a wide variety and also, an excellent selection of produce! Their prices are phenomenal in my opinion! For example, cantaloupes which can range up to $3 or more in the mainstream stores, are typically about $1.60 or so. Containers of strawberries can be anywhere from .99 to $1.50! Definitely check it out if you haven’t already. Plus, since today is Wednesday, that means their new sale JUST started TODAY!)
1 cup Special K Multigrain Flakes: (Always a tried and true cereal, I’m approaching the end of yet another box, but no worries, another one is awaiting on the horizon in the cabinet!)
1 cup Barbara’s Bakery Peanut Butter & Chocolate Puffins (A tasty variety of Puffins, but I don’t think I would buy again. I prefer the classic or Multigrain version of Puffins.)
1 Banana (I’m still doing well with the bananas! No complaints here, only sweet and ripe ones, just the way I like it!)
Now without further adieu, allow me to introduce:
ZEVIA GIVEAWAY: My First Giveaway!
Ahh, how excited am I to bring to you, my very first giveaway as a blogger?! What better than to provide 5 of you, yes 5 of you, with the unique opportunity to sample one of my favorite, HEALTHY beverages and a SODA, at that?! Yes, before you shy away from entering if you are not soda drinker, allow me to fill you in on this HEALTHY, NATURALLY-SWEETENED SODA!
ZEVIA (Zero-Calorie, Naturally-Sweetened with Stevia Soda):
Social Media: As an innovative and evolving company, Zevia maintains a heavy and active social media presence, encouraging fans and new visitors to interact with them, often offering printable coupons, contests, giveaways and fun trivia as well!
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zevia
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/zevia
- Twitter: @Zevia
- Media Page: http://www.zevia.com/media
Serving Suggestions: On the official ZEVIA website, they offer several recommendations for serving and consumption, in order to encourage optimal taste for consumers
- Prior to serving or consuming ZEVIA, keep it cold! The company states, the colder, the better!
- If you feel comfortable, the company also encourages consumers to drink it out of the can, as it can get warm and flat in a cup!
Available Flavors: Unique from many other no-calorie beverages, ZEVIA offers a whole host of different flavors (15 and counting!) catering to tastebuds of all kinds! While you’ll find some traditional flavors, as well, the stars are often the ones unique to the company:
- Lemon-Lime Twist
- Grapefruit Citrus
- Grape (my favorite!)
- Cherry Cola
- Ginger Ale
- Ginger Root Beer
- Black Cherry
- Cream Soda
- Caffeine-Free Cola
- Dr. Zevia
About Zevia: (As stated on ZEVIA.com)
- In 2007, the world was introduced to ZEVIA in Seattle, Washington (Cola, Lemon-Lime Twist, and Orange soda as the introductory flavors)
- Soon after, Ginger Root Beer, Black Cherry and Ginger Ale were brought to stores, as well.
- In 2009, Dr. Zevia arrived on the market.
- Relocating from Seattle Washington, ZEVIA makes its headquarters in Los Angeles, California.
- In the ZEVIA world, 2011 was a pivotal year as they introduce 5 new flavors – Cream Soda, Grape, Grapefruit Citrus, Caffeine-Free Cola, and Mountain Zevia.
- In 2012, Strawberry, Lime and Cherry Cola were proudly introduced.
What IS ZEVIA? (Zevia.com/stevia shares this knowledge I present you with, below):
- ZEVIA is a soda, which is naturally-sweetened with Stevia – small shrub that is a member of Asteraceae family of plants, more commonly referred to as the “sunflower family.” The scientific name for stevia is stevia rebaudiana.
- All Zevia’s stevia is grown right here, in the United States at Sweet Green Fields (SGF).
- With ZEVIA Soda, you can feel secure in consuming if you are wary of additional calories from beverages, diabetic, or simply want to consume a beverage with flavor which is still healthy. To provide you with additional reassurance, ZEVIA.com states, “Stevia Extract has a sweetness of between 250 to 350 times that of an equal weight of sugar but with no calories and no effect on blood glucose levels!”
Is it SAFE? (With all of the claims questioning the safety of artificial sweeteners such as Splenda, Sweet & Low, Equal, aspartame, etc, you can feel safe with consuming ZEVIA):
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration classifies Stevia extract as SAFE for consumption since December 2008.
- Unlike other sweeteners, Stevia extract is not found to adversely affect the GI tract (so your bellies can rest easy and you can stay healthily hydrated!)
Where Can I Buy It? (Intrigued? Want to sample it for yourself Well, first off, ENTER MY GIVEAWAY! Also, though, there are numerous stores selling ZEVIA, plus you can always purchase it online!)
- Consult zevia.com/get-zevia
- Whole Foods
- Giant Foods
- Cub Foods
- Price Chopper
- Fred Meyer
- Target (select Targets; check first)
- Plus LOTS of others!
Of course, naturally, there is MUCH, MUCH more I could share with you about ZEVIA, but I’d rather let 5 of you, sample it for yourselves (you’ll receive a voucher for a FREE Six-Pack! Here’s how to enter my very special ZEVIA GIVEAWAY:
- MANDATORY ENTRY: Leave a comment sharing with me which ZEVIA flavor you’d most like to try, or if you’ve been fortunate enough to have tried ZEVIA already, tell me what your favorite flavor is!
- For an ADDITIONAL ENTRY: Share with me a flavor you think would be a great ZEVIA soda!
- ENTRY TIME: You have until SUNDAY, AUGUST 4, 2013, at the end of the evening to ENTER!
So, what are you waiting for?! ENTER, ENTER, ENTER! Have fun and cheers!