Good morning and welcome to a new week. I hope your Monday is off to a pleasant start, thus far. This past weekend was a challenging one, personally, so I thought I would share some of the inspirational quotes and mantras currently providing me with some motivation and guidance this week. Perhaps you’ll find them as helpful and encouraging as I do:
- “If you only have two dollars, spend one on bread and one on a daisy. Your spirit needs to be fed just as much as your body.”
- “If you can’t change your circumstances, change your attitude.”
- “Someone you haven’t even met yet is wondering what it would be like to know someone like you.”
- “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.”
- “Your greatest test is when you are able to bless someone else while you are going through your own storm.”
- “Always help someone, you may be the only one who does.”
- “When I was five years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment. I told them they didn’t understand life.”
- “It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.”
- “Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind.”
- “It doesn’t matter if the glass is half-empty, or half-full. Be thankful that you have a glass and grateful that there is something in it.”
If you’re a big fan of quotes, inspirational ones and encouraging ones at that, be sure to check out TODAY Show co-host Hoda Kotb‘s Twitter; she posts inspirational quotes each morning and many of the aforementioned ones I’ve posted are from her Twitter, as well as the company, Honest Tea‘s Twitter. Both Hoda’s and Honest Tea’s Twitter pages often provide me with perspective and knowledge, reassuring me when days can get difficult. I hope some of these words might help you, today, as well.
Have a good Monday, friends.