Good Morning! It’s Melissa here and I’m proud to finally state, this is the first of hopefully many posts. My purpose for beginning this blog is to be able to publicly share not only my thoughts on topics near and dear to my heart, but also to share lighthearted ideas, such as couponing and other retail deals. For many months, I contemplated starting my own blog, having closely read and followed many other blogs for a number of years. I suppose I could say, I look to many of these fellow bloggers as inspiration, in awe of the posts and ideas they share.
The format of my blog will probably be a little different than a “traditional,” blog. Most likely, I won’t be sharing anything too, too personal, though occasionally, when I feel the time is right, I will provide more insight into myself and my life. Each day, it is my goal to post my breakfast (my favorite meal of the day!), which typically is a yogurt and cereal, and while it may sound boring, each day, the cereal and yogurt is usually different, creating a unique experience!
For my first post, I decided to share some of my “favorites,” to provide a little snapshot of who I am and what my likes are. Of course, this is not a comprehensive list, just a sneak peek!
Breakfast (Monday, July 8, 2013):
1 container of Stonyfield Farm Oikos Chocolate Greek Yogurt (Did you know a Chocolate Greek Yogurt existed? Well, now you do and believe me when I say it, it’s delicious! In fact, I think it would be particularly tasty if frozen!)
1 cup Special K Red Berries (Kellogg’s sure is generous when they say red berries; there is an abundance and the flakes are nice and crunchy, just the way I like them with a hint of sweetness).
1 cup Giant Store Brand Puffed Rice (Okay, so it may seem boring, but trust me, it’s not. Typically when I am having a more substantial yogurt, I like to mix in a lighter cereal. While the cereal itself isn’t all that flavorful, it takes on the flavor of whatever it happens to be mixed with… kind of like how tofu does!).
1 Banana (Got to love my banana! There is just something about the taste of bananas that is so comforting, nostalgic, and familiar. I look forward to my bananas in the morning, especially when they are coated in heaps of yogurt and slightly browned!).
- Barbara’s Bakery PUFFINS (Yummy, crunchy squares, which come in a variety of flavors… i.e. Original, Honey Rice, Cinnamon, Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter and Chocolate, etc).
- Special K (As you can already see, I am truly fan and appreciate the vast array of flavors it is available in: Original, Red Berries, Blueberry – hard to find though, Chocolate Strawberry, Chocolate Delight, Fruit & Yogurt, Vanilla Almond, etc).
- Puffed Rice (Typically, I buy the store brand. It is inexpensive and good to mix with other cereals and yogurt/milk).
- Cascadian Farms Multigrain Squares (I am a big fan. They aren’t sweet, but they have a taste and texture that is excellent and in my opinion works as either a cereal or as a snack!).
- Chobani (Ahh, my Chobani. Having only recently tried this tasty yogurt over the past couple months, I can proudly state I am a true fan! Some of my favorite flavors include: Pear, Apple Cinnamon, Strawberry and Blueberry. I’m excited to try other flavors, including some of the newbies just recently revealed!).
- Dannon Light & Fit Greek (I like to enjoy these in the afternoon, as they are one of the “lighter” Greek yogurts on the market, hence the name. Most of the flavors are delicious, with the exception of Key Lime and Orange Cream – I’m not really a fan of either of those flavors. The rest are satisfying and taste creamy, almost reminiscent of frosting, in a sense).
- Yoplait 100-Calorie Greek (These are a good option, too. They aren’t available in as many flavors as some of the other mainstream yogurts on the market, but I am a fan of most of them (Mixed Berry, Vanilla – strong vanilla flavor which is sometimes hard to find, Tropical – mixture of pineapple, mango and passion fruit!).
- Dannon Oikos (I love that these are available in so many different flavors. They taste decadent, but really aren’t. Ideal for breakfast or a snack).
- Stonyfield Farm Oikos (The flavors in this line are unique and a rare find; hidden gems at that (I’m talking, Superfruits, Caramel, and Chocolate, including several of the other usual flavors… i.e. Strawberry, Blueberry, Vanilla, Plain, etc).
- Neutrogena Skin-Clearing Makeup (I absolutely LOVE this line! I have been a dedicated fan since my teenage years. Typically, on a day-to-day basis, I use Skin-Clearing Foundation and seal it in with the Skin-Clearing compact. Not only is it light and refreshing on my face, but it also has salicylic acid, which helps in clearing acne, a condition I struggled quite a bit with after graduating college).
- Rimmel Eye-Shadow (This is my go-to eyeshadow. I usually like darker and deeper eye-shadows in unique shades, and Rimmel absolutely fits the bill! These can be found in all mainstream stores and pharmacies and aren’t too badly priced, plus coupons are typically available).
- CoverGirl LashBlast Mascara (I’ve tried most of the varieties of this mascara and liked mostly all of then, but I would have to say my all-time favorite is the purple variety – the Fusion edition. It is easy to use and glides on my lashes, accentuating them and making them appear fuller and pronounced, helping me achieve the look I aspire to).
- CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner (I prefer the automatic liner, in the blackest of black. It’s easy to use and easy to find. A good pick for those not wanting to spend a lot on their beauty regimen).
Since I can already see this post becoming on the longer side (to say the least!), I will leave my favorites at that, for now, but will continue in a later succession of posts. Stay tuned and look for my post tomorrow on how and where to score the latest deals on things such as (food (even perishables!), makeup, household products (i.e. toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, clothing, cleaning products and much, much MORE!). I’m excited to share and cannot wait to reveal all my exclusive hints and tips!
Have a pleasant morning and more importantly, a lovely day! *
Thanks for stopping by and welcome! – M.